Tyler Rotary Club’s First Annual Chili Cook-Off was a huge success raising funds for improvements at the St. Louis School, the city’s public school campus for students with learning disabilities, and for the Texas Missions of Mercy, which provides health care to natives in a South American jungle.
- Sherry Stuckey, Shreveport, LA
- Mike Rider, Richardson, TX
- Jacey Rutherford, Baton Rouge, LA
- Sharon Lindsey, Murchison, TX
- David Willis, Tyler, TX
- Darrell Tubb, Tyler, TX
- Lin Lindsey, Muchison, TX
- Ray Calhoun, Waxahachie, TX
- Mike Martini, Tyler, TX
- Charles Hall, Tyler, TX
- Hot Cow Chili (Team Captain, Darrell Tubb)
- Mad Dog Chili (Team Captain, Mike Martini)
- Grand Prize Chili (Team Captain, Ray Calhoun)
Fifteen judges made up of local government, education, and media personalities tasted each of the chilies in a blind judging, rating each on a scale of one to ten on its aroma, degree of redness, consistency, taste and after taste.